Thursday, August 30, 2012

HELP WANTED!

http://www.ava.org/graphics/AVAFFFlogo3_2_11.jpg


I WILL NOT BE A CANDIDATE FOR RD IN 2013 - Notwithstanding that many might try to put a different spin on it, I have agonied for months about whether I should risk continuing to serve you, people whom I deeply respect and love, for another term.  Ironically, it has been communications among members of the AVA's NEC that have made it clear to me that it is a risk that I cannot afford to take; it has become too clear that NEC XVII is inadequately prepared and it members ill-motivated to serve in the best interests of their constituents, of Volkssporters nationwide, and of the AVA.
 
     I have remained sincerely convinced that, as an attorney, I could bring a more complete understanding to the AVA's many levels of leadership, but have found that that is not among the goals that most NEC XVII members have.  As a professional, held by my profession to performance of representative and service roles at a higher standard, I cannot risk continuing to be part of the governing body of a non-profit entity that would sacrifice the needs of those whom it "serves" for the benefit of the wants of that body.  In short, you, the members of AVA Clubs, and your Clubs, the Members of the AVA, deserve significantly more than most of your National Officers and Directors are willing to sacrifice for you.  I must, therefore, withdraw from active particiption as part of that body.


In Volkssporting,

Ken
Ken Miles

1 comment:

  1. Its sad the current state of the AVA and club membership, and participation in our events. I understand your reasons and wish it was not so. I hope someone can come up with a plan to turn this thing around soon.

    Joe Fountain

    ReplyDelete